The OSFP is a parallel 40Gbps Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable (QSFP+) optical module that provides increased port density and total system cost savings. The QSFP full-duplex optical module offers 4 independent transmit and receive channels, each capable of 10Gbps operation for an aggregate bandwidth of 40Gbps 400m on OM3 Multimode Fiber.
An optical fiber ribbon cable with an MPO/MTP connector at each end plugs into the QSFP module receptacle. The orientation of the ribbon cable is “keyed” and guide pins are present inside the module’s receptacle to ensure proper alignment. The cable usually has no twist (key up to key up) to ensure proper channel to channel alignment. Electrical connection is achieved though a z-pluggable 38-pin IPASS® connector.
The module operates from a single +3.3V power supply and LVCMOS/LVTTL global control signals such as Module Present, Reset, Interrupt and Low Power Mode are available with the modules. A 2-wire serial interface is available to send and receive more complex control signals and to obtain digital diagnostic information. Individual channels can be addressed and unused channels can be shut down for maximum design flexibility.
The CSR4 is designed with form factor, optical/electrical connection and digital diagnostic interface according to the QSFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA). It has been designed to meet the harshest external operating conditions including temperature, humidity and EMI interference. The module offers very high functionality and feature integration, accessible via a two-wire serial interface.
- 4 independent full-duplex channels
- Up to 11.2Gbps per channel bandwidth
- Aggregate bandwidth of > 40Gbps
- MTP/MPO optical connector
- QSFP MSA compliant
- Digital diagnostic capabilities
- Capable of over 400m transmission on OM3 Multimode Fiber
- CML compatible electrical I/O
- Single +3.3V power supply operating
- TX input and RX output CDR retiming
- Built-in digital diagnostic functions
- Temperature range 0°C to 70°C
- RoHS Compliant Part
- Rack to rack
- Data centers
- Metro networks
- Switches and Routers
- Infiniband 4x SDR, DDR, QDR