Can be adjusted
Polarization dependence loss
Polarization dependence Gain
Polarization mode dispersion
Pump power leakage
26.5（W）× 195（H）× 252（D）
The ST8000 family of C-Band EDFA Optical Amplifiers is part of the ST8000 optical multi-service transmission platform solution. Many model options serve all the traditional amplifier applications in an extended optical link: booster, in-line, and pre-amplifier
A booster amplifier operates at the transmission side of the link. It features high input power, high output power, and medium optical Gain . Boosters are designed to amplify aggregated optical input power for reach extension.
An in-line amplifier operates in the middle of an optical link. It features medium to low input power, high output power, high optical Gain , and a low noise figure. In-line amplifiers are designed for optical amplification between two network nodes on the main optical link.
A pre-amplifier operates at the receiving end of an optical link. It features medium to low input power, medium output power, and medium Gain . Pre-amplifiers are designed for optical amplification to compensate for losses in a demultiplexer located near the optical receiver.
Some EDFA models include an additional mid-stage port designed for insertion of a Dispersion Compensation Management (DCM) unit without its inherent insertion loss. The design of these models maximizes the DCM benefits to increase deployment flexibility.New placement options require fewer amplifiers in the link, and they can open the door to applications that were not possible with older technology.
Some EDFA models include an Red and blue port designed for Single fiber DWDM Solution. The design of these models is used for single-fiber DWDM transmission systems.
- Three Optical Amplifier C-Band applications: Booster In-line Pre-amplifier
- Metro DWDM distance extension
- Single wavelength distance extension
- Low noise figure: typ 5dB
- Gain flattening filters (GFF) assure flat Gain (<1 dB variance) over the entire amplified band (Wide-Band models only)
- Multiple operating modes: AGC adjustable Gain, APC output is adjustable, ACC voltage adjustable
- Transient response control: high performance transient response control to ensure power, Gain and stability, without affecting existing signal